RhythmNY Apollo Arts Group
As of January 2014
CHILD SAFETY. To ensure your child’s safety, please pick him/her up promptly at the classroom. Students 10 years of age and younger must be supervised by parents or guardians while they are waiting for classes and/or lessons to begin. Loud conversations and physical play are not allowed in the hallways and lobby.
CLASS CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS. The School reserves the right to change instructors or formats, or discontinue any class due to lack of enrollment, without incurring any liability or obligation. RhythmNY will notify students and/or parents as soon as possible regarding any changes or cancellations.
STUDENT INFORMATION FORM. Parents/Guardians are required to complete a Student Information Form every year for each child enrolled at RhythmNY.
DISMISSAL. The School reserves the right to dismiss any student due to overdue tuition payments, parental noncompliance with RhythmNY policies, or for any reason the Executive Director believes is a serious impediment to a successful educational experience at the School.
MUSIC & MATERIALS. Students will be billed for music and materials as needed. Payment is due within 5 days of the date of the bill, and will be charged on the credit card on file. If payment is not received within 7 days, the account will be considered overdue and will be charged as such.
RETURNED CHECKS: There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
SCHOOL CLOSINGS DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS. RhythmNY is closed for snow or inclement weather when the New York City public schools close. Listen to WINS 1010AM and WOR 710AM for announcements. Families can also call the RhythmNY’s main telephone number (718-224-3364) to hear a recorded message regarding closings or visit www.RhythmNY.com. The School will make every effort to arrange make-up days for unscheduled school closings.
STROLLERS. Strollers are not permitted in the RhythmNY facility and must be placed in front of the building in an orderly manner so as not to block pedestrian traffic. RhythmNY is not responsible for strollers left outside the School.
ENROLLMENT CONTRACT. A signed enrollment contract must be received for each child. The first round of enrollment contracts will be mailed in mid-March. No child may apply if any member of his or her family has an outstanding balance with the School.
FEES. There is a non-refundable, non-deductible one-time $30 application fee for each Individual Instrument or Vocal Instruction, per student, per year. For older adults (age 60 and over), there is a non-refundable, non-deductible $30 one-time application fee for Adult Individual Instrument or Vocal Instruction, per student.
ENROLLMENT CONTRACT. Students may enroll either on a per semester basis, or for the full school year of individual instrumental or vocal instruction or classes commencing in specified registration period set by RhythmNY. A signed enrollment contract must be received for each student enrolled in individual instrumental or vocal instruction. Students and/or the parents acknowledge their obligation to pay the tuition as specified in the contract by the due date(s) set forth in the contract. No student may apply if any member of his or her family has an outstanding balance with RhythmNY.
PRIVACY. Please see our Privacy Statement disclosures relating to the collection and use of your information. RhythmNY will treat personally identifying information that you submit through this site in accordance with our Privacy Statement. You agree that you have read, understood, and accept the rhythmny.com’s privacy statement.
As of January 2014
1. ACCESS TO THIS SITE. To access this site, site resources, links or other content, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this site that all the information you provide will be correct, current, and complete. If RHYTHMNY believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, RHYTHMNY has the right to deny access to this site or to any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time.
2. APPLICABLE USE OF SITE: You may use this site only for purposes expressly permitted by this site. As a condition of your use of RHYTHMNY’s site you warrant to RHYTHMNY that you will not use this site or any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
3.PRIVACY.Please see our Privacy Statement disclosures relating to the collection and use of your information. RHYTHMNY will treat personally identifying information that you submit through this site in accordance with our Privacy Statement. You agree that you have read, understood, and accept the RhythmNY.com's privacy statement.
4a. COPYRIGHT. The materials found on this website are protected by United States and other copyright laws, except for works of the United States Government pursuant to 1 U.S.C. Section 105. The selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials (including information in the public domain), and the overall design of the Web Site are copyright ©. Permission is granted to view and print materials from the Web Site for the non-commercial purpose of viewing, reading and retaining for reference. Any other copying, distribution, retransmission or modification of information or materials on this site, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without express prior written consent of an authorized RHYTHMNY representative, is strictly prohibited.
4b. REFERENTIAL USE OF RHYTHMNY’S TRADEMARKS. RHYTHMNY are registered Trademarks or Service Marks of RHYTHMNY. Companies interested in referring to a RHYTHMNY trademark in text, advertising collateral, marketing, or product packaging should follow the RHYTHMNY Trademark Guidelines:
4b(i). LOGOS. Do not use the RHYTHMNY Corporate logo, or any other RHYTHMNY logos, symbols, or icons on or in connection with products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or Websites for any purpose except pursuant to the express written consent of an authorized representative from RHYTHMNY.
4b(ii). COMPANY, PRODUCT, SERVICES, AND DOMAIN NAMES. Do not use or register any RHYTHMNY trademark, including RHYTHMNY logos, symbols, icons, or any potentially confusing variation thereof as part of your company name, trade name, product name, service name, or domain name or place your company name, trademarks, service marks, or product names next to (or combine them with) a RHYTHMNY product name for any purpose unless pursuant to the express prior written consent an authorized representative from RHYTHMNY.
4b(iii). ENDORSEMENT OR SPONSORSHIP. Do not use any RHYTHMNY trademark in any manner that expresses or implies RHYTHMNY’s affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification, or approval without the express prior written consent from an authorized RHYTHMNY representative. Parties that have been properly authorized to do so must display their company name more prominently than any RHYTHMNY trademark on all materials.
4b(iv). MERCHANDISE ITEMS. Do not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items such as T-shirts, mugs, etc. bearing any RHYTHMNY trademark, including logos, except pursuant to the express prior written consent from an authorized RHYTHMNY representative.
4b(v). TRADE DRESS AND ADVERTISING ELEMENTS. Do not imitate RHYTHMNY’s logos, logotypes, or trade dress in any of your materials, including but not limited to advertising, product packaging, Web sites, and promotional materials.
4b(vi). SLOGANS AND TAGLINES. Do not use or imitate any RHYTHMNY tagline including but not limited to, “Got Music,” “Got Rhythm.”
5. NO UNLAWFUL ACCESS. You agree that you will not use this website in any manner that could in any way disable, overburden, damage, or impair this website or otherwise interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the websites. You further agree that you will not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, content, or information by means not expressly made available or provided for through authorized use of this website.
6. PROPRIETARY INFORMATION: All content found on this site (the content) is considered the copyrighted and trademarked intellectual property of RHYTHMNY or of the party that created and/or licensed the content to RHYTHMNY. No rights or title to any of the works contained on this site shall be considered transferred or assigned to the User. You agree that you will not copy, distribute, republish, modify, create derivative works from, or otherwise use the content in any way, without the express prior written consent of an authorized RHYTHMNY representative, except that you may print out and/or save a copy of the consent for personal use. Please note that attempting to sell or otherwise transfer your access to another user may result in the immediate termination of access to our systems.
7. HYPERLINKING: This site may be hyperlinked to and by other websites which are not maintained by, or related to RHYTHMNY. Hyperlinks to such sites are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by, endorsed or otherwise affiliated with this site or RHYTHMNY. RHYTHMNY has not reviewed any or all of such sites and is not responsible for the content from any linking sites, and any links made directly from this site to another website should be accessed at the users own risk. RHYTHMNY makes no representation or warranties about the content, completeness, quality, or accuracy of any such website.
8. UNSOLICITED IDEAS AND MATERIAL SUBMISSION POLICY. RHYTHMNY OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES DO NOT ACCEPT OR CONSIDER UNSOLICITED IDEAS, INCLUDING IDEAS FOR NEW ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS, NEW PROMOTIONS, MATERIALS, MARKETING PLANS OR NEW PRODUCT NAMES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ORIGINAL CREATIVE ARTWORK, SAMPLES, DEMOS, OR OTHER WORKS. THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY IS TO AVOID POTENTIAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OR DISPUTES WHEN RHYTHMNY’S PRODUCTS OR MARKETING STRATEGIES MIGHT SEEM SIMILAR TO IDEAS SUBMITTED TO RHYTHMNY. SO, PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR UNSOLICITED IDEAS TO RHYTHMNY OR ANYONE AT RHYTHMNY. IF, DESPITE OUR REQUEST THAT YOU NOT SEND US YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS, YOU STILL SEND THEM, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT RHYTHMNY MAKES NO ASSURANCES WHATSOEVER THAT YOUR IDEAS AND MATERIALS WILL BE TREATED AS CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY.
9. DISCLAIMER & LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. RHYTHMNY DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH REGARD TO THE WEB SITE, THE MATERIALS, ANY PRODUCTS, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, OR ANY SITES LISTED THEREIN, AND RHYTHMNY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. RHYTHMNY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN IT WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. RHYTHMNY CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT ANY FILES ON THIS SITE WHICH HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED AS AUTHORIZED FOR AND AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY CAUSE DAMAGE OR HARM TO YOUR COMPUTER(S) OR NETWORK(S). RHYTHMNY FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE CONTENT LOCATED ON THIS SITE IS NECESSARIY COMPLETE AND UP-TO-DATE. THE USER ACKOWLEDGES THAT THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND RHYTHMNY MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT. RHYTHMNY MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL RHYTHMNY OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND THE ASSIGNS OF SAME BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF RHYTHMNY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF RHYTHMNY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE), EXCEED THE GREATER OF $100 OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO RHYTHMNY FOR THE APPLICABLE CONTENT OR SERVICE OUT OF WHICH LIABILITY AROSE.
10. INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless RHYTHMNY, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, content providers, service providers, directors, managers, officers, employees, agents and the assigns of same, from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), claims, damages and liabilities related to or associated with your use of the Web Site and any violation of this agreement as expressly authorized. You agree that RHYTHMNY and the indemnified parties will have no liability in connection with any such breach or unauthorized use, and you agree to indemnify any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, and attorneys fees of the indemnified Parties in connection herewith. You will also indemnify and hold the indemnified parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the information accessed from this site.
12. PERSONAL ENRICHMENT CLASSES. User expressly and explicitly understands and agrees that both online and offline classes that may be offered from time to time from RHYTHMNY are for personal enrichment use only and are non credit bearing.
14. INSTALLMENT PLAN, CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS, AND RESCHEDULING. By participating in the installment payment plan for any course or program, you hereby authorize RHYTHMNY to automatically charge your credit card or bank account on the scheduled payment dates. Installment plan participation constitutes a legal and binding promise to pay all course fees when due. RHYTHMNY reserves the right to send overdue payments or refusal of payments to a collection agency. All courses are subject to change or cancellation by RHYTHMNY. In the event that a course is cancelled by RHYTHMNY, all students in that course are eligible for a full refund. A participant may request a refund for a scheduled RHYTHMNY course and refund guidelines for all participants shall be as follows:
Requests made anytime after registration and before 7 days prior to the beginning of the first class shall receive a 75% refund of the total cost of the course or program;
Requests made anytime after 7 days prior to the beginning of the first class and before the beginning of the second class shall receive a 50% refund of the total cost of the course; and any and all refund requests made after the beginning of the second class for a particular course or program are non refundable. If you are on a payment plan, all future payment installments must continue to be paid by specified payment dates. Under these circumstances, RHYTHMNY will make good faith efforts to provide a one-time rollover for your enrollment into a subsequent date that your course may be offered, but RHYTHMNY makes no representation whatsoever that any course will be offered at any particular time again in the future. Refunds for scheduled courses are subject to a one hundred dollar USD ($100.00 USD) processing fee.
Due to small class sizes and limited amount of space we are unable to offer transfers or holds on any courses.
If you miss your appointment for a private lesson or a makeup class or cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged the full amount for the missed appointment or class. If you have to reschedule a private lesson or makeup class, the student is required to pay a $25 transfer fee.
Any and all refund requests must be made in writing and received by RHYTHMNY in a timely manner via the following email address: (info@Rhythmny.com) or via our business address at 213-01 Northern blvd, Bayside, NY 11361. All refunds may take up to thirty (30) days to process.
As of December 7, 2012
By visiting this website, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy notice and you consent to receiving it via electronic form via publication on the world wide web.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED. We may collect and use the following types of personal information. Information regarding your use of this Site; orders you place; registration information; and any other information you provide to us via the Site. You do not need to register or provide us with any personal information in order to visit and view the Site. However, if you wish to receive newsletters, make a purchase, enter any contest, or participate in certain other Site activities, you may be asked to register and/or submit certain personally identifiable information. Such information may include your name, e-mail address, street or postal address, telephone number, password, and credit card billing or other payment information.
3. COOKIES. Like many other websites, we may also use “cookies” to collect additional website usage data to improve the Site and its functionality. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. Cookies help us to: (1) speed navigation, keep track of items you are purchasing, and provide you with content that is tailored to you; (2) remember information you gave us so that you don’t have to reenter it; (3) determine the effectiveness of some of our marketing efforts and communications; and (4) monitor the total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of banners displayed. You can stop accepting cookies by setting your Internet browser accordingly, but this will likely result in our not recognizing you or your preferences on future visits to the Site.
4. USE OF INFORMATION. We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes related to the Site, such as to administer the Site, personalize the Site for you, process any purchases and payments and fulfill any orders, and process any contest entry or promotional and marketing campaigns you may make through the Site. We may also use your personal information to contact you in the future regarding the Site, including through marketing communications, and regarding any other of our or of our business partners’ contests, products and services that we think may interest you. If you contact us by e-mail or regular mail, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your e-mail or street address and any information that you provide to us in your message in order to respond to you. We may also use information collected to evaluate and improve the Site and the user experience or our other products and services.
5. SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintenance, database storage and management, advertising sales, e-mail marketing, e-commerce functions and credit card/payment processing. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties to the extent necessary for them to perform these functions and subject to their agreement to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
6. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT. Our policy is to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and, in certain circumstances, private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose your personal information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties to the extent we determine, in our sole discretion, is necessary or appropriate in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings (including subpoenas) or to establish, enforce or defend our legal rights and interests or the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally questionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
7. CHANGING OR DELETING INFORMATION. You may at any time request to see and update or correct the information you have provided to us by e-mailing us at admin@RhythmNY.com.
8. SECURITY. Safeguarding the confidentiality and use of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. We employ reasonable administrative and technical measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access.
9. THIRD PARTIES AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES. Our Site may contain advertisements and links to other web sites. This is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of any affiliation with those advertisers or the operators of those web sites. We do not exercise control over third party web sites. They may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, and collect or solicit both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information from you. Other web sites have their own privacy policies and practices and we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies or statements of the other web sites and services you visit.
10. OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN. RHYTHMNY does not sell services for purchases by children. We may offer services and classes tailored for children, however said services and/or classes are to be purchased by aduts. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have the involvement and consent of a parent or guardian. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete it from our files. If any parent or guardian becomes aware that their child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent (or that we have otherwise collected or obtained such information), please contact us at admin@RhythmNY.com.
11. AMENDMENTS. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement from time to time, and we will notify you of any material changes by posting the new Privacy Statement here and changing the effective date above. We may also send our registered users an e-mail advising that changes have been made. Each version will apply to information collected while it was in place. Therefore, we encourage you to check this page periodically for any changes.
12. CHANGE IN OWNERSHIP. In the event we change ownership or merge with another entity, we reserve the right to transfer or sell all user and customer information, including names and email and postal addresses, to a separate entity.
13. DATA USE. We utilize the information we collect to better understand your interests and to deliver a consistent and personalized experience. For example, RHYTHMNY may use your information to improve our services and support, provide updates on new course offerings, and personalize content as well as promotional offers. Credit card information is used solely for payment processing, is not used for any other purpose by us or our agents, and will not be kept longer than necessary.
14. PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE. By registering for lessons and/or courses, by
participating in RHYTHMNY’s programs, or by attending events, parents and students, and other adults accompanying students, grant permission for photographs and other images of him/herself—or of his or her child—to be used by The RHYTHMNY for publicity purposes, and to illustrate RHYTHMNY’s programs. These images will not be distributed, sold, or used beyond RHYTHMNY’s promotional or in-school curriculum and professional development activities.
RHYTHMNY.COM SHIPPING POLICY
Internet Orders will be shipped via USPS, unless otherwise specified. If you require a specific shipping carrier, please indicate so in the customer notation section during checkout. Shipping charges will be available in the shopping cart and at checkout. Larger instruments may ship via truck freight. Most orders will be shipped within 1 business day of being placed. Some items may ship directly from the manufacturer, please contact us for details.
Alaska and Hawaii
Residents of Alaska and Hawaii please take note that our online UPS shipping calculator is accurate for our full line of basic product offerings. Larger products such as drumsets, mallet instruments, hardware, etc. will may incur additional charges that cannot be calculated via the online system. However, we will contact you for any order that will incur additional fees to receive your approval prior to shipping.
There are extra shipping charges for orders shipping outside of the contiguous U.S. and to APO/FPO boxes. Call for information.
Our website does not currently accept orders shipping outside of the USA
Incorrect Shipping Address
If a package is undeliverable or if an address correction is needed due to a customer error, the customer will be responsible for all incurred fees. USPS currently charges $11 for an address correction, which includes issues with the incorrect zip code, missing apartment number, etc. Please be sure to provide an accurate ship to address when placing your order.